Our Corporate responsibility
Faulu Foundation is a Public benefits Organization registered with the Public Benefits Authority (Formerly NGO Coordination Board). The Foundation was registered in 2007.
To facilitate primary and secondary interventions in the fight against alcohol and drug abuse in an environment where people make informed choices.
1. To create awareness on the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse to primary and secondary school students as well as those in post secondary institutions.
2. To engage in civic education for the community with a view to appreciating the social problem of drug and alcohol abuse.
3. Set up programmes that help in prevention and rehabilitation for alcohol and drug abuse cases in the society.
4. Engage all stakeholders in designing appropriate tools and approaches for the fight against alcohol and drug abuse.
a) Carrying out a survey so as to establish the current statistics and trends in regard to alcohol and drug abuse in Nyeri County.
b) Design appropriate primary and secondary interventions that shall address the issues identified during the survey.
c) Launch operations by setting up an office in Nyeri town.
d) Establish the most optimal approaches of working with all stakeholders to ensure effective prevention and rehabilitation mechanisms for a healthier and more productive society.
The activities shall be conducted through an inclusive approach so as to engage all the community members and therefore ensure sustained responses to reverse the already out of hand situation.
1. Create awareness based on current statistics in regard to the extent to which alcohol and drug abuse pose a serious threat to the socio-economic welfare of the communities in Nyeri County.
2. Establish a network of potential sponsors and/or ambassadors for the cause for the Foundation.
3. Offer an opportunity to get the thinking of the guests on practical approaches that can turn round the worrying trends in the next three to five years.